Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 2: The first round of Eliminations

Love songs are tricky, they either run the gamete from sickeningly sweet to beautiful to emo to just plain boring. I think they're very personal, that's why this is a search for "my favorite" and not "the best". "The best love song" would be completely subjective.

Love Song Spotlight:
Fuck You -Garfunkel and Oates
This song is like the movie Juno all rolled up into 1:17. It's sweet, cute, a little off kilter, it's great. "Because like can lead to like like and like like can lead to love. Sure as the stars above I'd really like to fuck you."

Also, ukulele makes everything just a bit cuter.

Eliminations(It's Not You, It's Me):

1. Who You Are -Cary Brothers
I like Cary Brothers, he's a great artist, I just don't feel like this song is my favorite love song. I'm not even entirely sure that it is a love song. So it's gonna have to go.

2. Inside of You -Infant Sorrow
This song was a funny pick and that's it's problem.

3. Won't Go Home Without You -Maroon 5
This song is being eliminated solely for it's premise because I just don't believe Adam Levine being that determined to win a girl back.

4. Elephant Love Medley -Ewan McGregor & Nicole Kidman
This song probably should've been left out of the list solely because it's all the greatest love songs in one. It's got unfair advantage.

5. I'm Yours -Jason Mraz
I don't know, something about the music video tainted this song for me. I think it's because Mraz looks way too much like a bro throughout the whole video.

All right, first eliminations. See you all tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment