Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 3: Do these all have to have titles?

Love Song Spotlight:
Some Surprise -Gary Lightbody & Lisa Hannigan
This song's title says it all. It's a complete surprise. I hear "Gary Lightbody" and I assume that it's going to be the common sad song that Snow Patrol does so well. This song though is immensely positive while remaining mildly self-deprecating. It sweeps you up quicker than most love songs.

Eliminations(It's Not You, It's Me):

1. Your Body Is A Wonderland -John Mayer
I'm sorry but I feel like this song is just John Mayer rubbing it in everyone's face that he can get insanely hot women to fuck him senseless.

2. Secret Valentine -We The Kings
I'm not a 12-year old girl.

3. Open Arms -Journey
I'm sorry, I want rock songs from Journey, not emotion. Frankly all I really want from Journey is "Anyway You Want It" and "Don't Stop Believing".

4. Tiny Dancer -Elton John
I'm eliminating this song on the off chance that this song actually is about his penis like the rumors say.

5. First Time -Lifehouse
It was in a car commercial, enough said.

Alright, more to come tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. You don't like Tiny Dancer? I'm not saying it should be one of your favorites, but I didn't expect it to go so soon.

    ReplyDelete