Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 5: I know, day four went missing.

Ok, I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday, so today will feature a double helping of eliminations. What can I say? College life.

Love Song Spotlight:
Thunder Road -Bruce Springsteen
Great song, great lyrics. "I've got this guitar and I've learned how to make it talk." That line alone makes this song fantastic.

Eliminations(It's Not You, It's Me):

1. Empire State -Josh Joplin
This song's great and all, but I only really feels like it applies to me when I'm in New York State.

2. Wouldn't It Be Nice -The Beach Boys
Waiting isn't exactly something people do these days.

3. Have It All -Jeremy Kay
This song just gets boring after a while.

4. Ocean Avenue -Yellowcard
Like this song but I'm not an emo kid from 2003.

5. The Way I Am -Ingrid Michaelson
The old navy commercial killed it.

6. A Thousand Miles -Vanessa Carlton
I tried to keep this song on here for as long as possible, for humor reasons I guess, but it really just isn't all that good.

7. Young Folks -Peter Bjorn and John
Too much god damn whistling.

8. Anthem of Our Discovery -Stephen Kellogg and The Sixers
Meh, this song loses something after a while.

9. Closer -Travis
His voice bugs me.

10. Forever Young -So They Say(originally by Rod Stewart)
This song is really kinda overrated.

1 comment:

  1. Thunder Road is one of the greatest songs ever written on one of the greatest albums ever recorded.

    "From your front porch to my front seat,
    The door's open but the ride ain't free."

    ReplyDelete