Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day 6: I Can't Do Everything

Love Song Spotlight:
Romeo and Juliet -Dire Straits
Words can't express the beauty this song contains. This song will make it to the final five, if it doesn't win the competition. Mark Knopfler is a god.
"I can't do everything, but I'd do anything for you".

Eliminations (It's not you, it's me)
1. There Is -Boxcar Racer
This is another case of the lead singers voice bothering me to no end. The lyrics are what got it this far.

2. Reach For The Sun -The Polyphonic Spree
This song is fine, it's just not my favorite love song. It may, however, be my favorite song by a 20+ member band

3. The Boys of Summer -The Ataris(originally by Don Henley)
I don't really care that you saw a Dead Head/Black Flag sticker on a cadillac

4. Wherever You Will Go -The Calling
Late 90's sucked

5. Anyone Else But You -The Moldy Peaches
It brings "minimalist" to a whole new level. People are probably going to hate me for eliminating this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment